The San Francisco Arts Commission engages in strategic partnerships that advance our mission and are within our resource capacity. Complete criteria is determined on a case-by-case basis, but standard guidelines include the following:
- The partnership aligns with the Arts Commission's current programming;
- Fills a need that the Agency has been mandated to address but lacks the resources to fully execute;
- The partner entity’s mission embodies racial equity values and manifests these values in their program activities.
- The partnership serves to advance the arts ecology in San Francisco, including arts organizations and individual artists (partnerships that support only one or a small group of artists are rarely adopted);
- The partnership is sustainable;
- The partnership brings shared resources (human, financial, etc.) together to address the issue;
- Addresses a need not currently being addressed by another entity.
*Please note, that the Arts Commission cannot provide production or financial support for traveling exhibitions, art fairs, performances or other temporary art-related events. We can, however, help connect you with local partners who can help support your initiative.
For questions about partnerships, please contact Rally Catapang, Deputy Director of Finance and Administration at Rally.Catapang@sfgov.org.