Community Investments Arts Education Program Officer
The Program Officer will support the implementation of the Arts Education grantmaking portfolio by engaging in research, conducting focus groups, developing and refining guidelines, providing technical assistance and community outreach, and facilitating panel reviews. And, will engage stakeholders to develop grant categories for youth employment opportunities, intergenerational learning, and teaching artist residencies. Filing Deadline: 11/25/2019 at 5 p.m. PST.
To apply, visit: https://www.jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=1842&R3=903835. Applications will only be accepted through the City's job site.
Paid Internships with SFAC Galleries
The San Francisco Arts Commission Galleries, with support from Mayor London Breed’s program Opportunities for All, is offering two paid internships to qualified candidates. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 20, 2019
Time Commitment: 10 weeks from mid-January - mid-May 2020
Age Range: 20 – 24 years of age
Send a letter of interest specifying which internship you are applying for along with a current resume to: Cece Carpio, SFAC Galleries Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up through the Opportunities for All web page: www.opps4allsf.org
Selected applicants will be asked for an interview session with the SFAC Galleries Manager and the SFAC Galleries Manager of Education and Public Programs.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Administration and Archive Intern
The Administration and Archive Intern will assist in the research of exhibitions and assist in fine tuning both fifty years of physical and digital archives of the SFAC Galleries. Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, and exceptional photography experience are pluses. This position is ideal for someone interested in photography, arts writing, digital engagement, and audience development.
Education and Public Program Intern
The Education and Public Program Intern will report directly to the SFAC Galleries Manager of Education and Public Programs (MEPP). They will assist the MEPP in all aspects surrounding gallery visits/exhibition tours and the outreach, planning, and realization of public programs. A strong candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, have a strong work ethic, enjoy working as part of a team, and is comfortable speaking in front of an audience. Knowledge of Photoshop and In Design is a preferred but not required.
Please address all applications and inquiries about our internship program to:
SFAC Galleries Manager
The Arts Commission offers unpaid volunteer opportunities for individuals who are interested in gaining work experience in the arts. Volunteers will assist staff with a variety of tasks including archiving, research, and events. See the categories below for more specific information about volunteer opportunities.
SFAC GALLERIES EXHIBITION INTERN
The SFAC Galleries is currently seeking a student or emerging arts professional to participate in a paid summer internship. The SFAC Galleries Exhibitions Intern will report directly to the SFAC Galleries Director, and assist the Director in administrative and curatorial tasks related to the preparation of upcoming exhibitions at three Civic Center locations: the SFAC Main Gallery and Café Valor in the Veterans Building; and SF City Hall. The SFAC Galleries works with in-house and guest curators, and features over 150 artists in five exhibitions annually. The SFAC internships are part of Mayor London Breed’s youth employment program Opportunities for All.
MFA, BFA, BA and MA students/graduates in arts administration, fine art, art history, critical studies, or curatorial practice are encouraged to apply. Prior arts administrative/gallery experience a plus.
Exhibitions Internship will include:
- Observe and support the organization and installation of an SFAC Galleries exhibition
- Learn to conduct curatorial research on guest curators, artists, exhibitions with similar thematic interests, articles/essays/books about broader aspects of the theme and more
- Learn about outreach, social media strategies, and printed promotional materials. Develop content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts leading up to and during the exhibition
- Learn arts administration standard best practices for organizing exhibitions, and assist the Galleries Director with a variety of administrative tasks related to upcoming projects
- Learn to create physical and digital exhibition archives
- Learn about exhibition installation processes
- Possible studio visit(s) with exhibiting artist(s)
- Learn introductory level ethics of working with living artists
- Assist in the production of annual reports
- Assist with gallery openings, installations & de-installations, public programs and other gallery activities
COMMUNICATIONS and ADMINISTRATION INTERN
The SFAC Galleries is currently seeking a student or emerging arts professional to participate in a paid summer internship. The Communications and Administration Intern (CAI) will assist in interpreting and documenting the stories of SFAC Galleries’ artists, exhibitions and public programs while helping to shape the online voice of a major arts institution. The SFAC internships are part of Mayor London Breed’s youth employment program Opportunities for All.
Knowledge of Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design, and exceptional photography experience are pluses. This position is ideal for someone interested in photography, arts writing, digital engagement, and audience development.
Communications and Administrative Internship will include:
- Research current and upcoming exhibitions/public programs, and develop content for onsite and online digital media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, etc
- Learn to develop strategies to target potential audiences for media content and public program attendance
- Track and analyze social media metrics, reporting on the efficacy of current outreach strategies
- Participate in the documentation of SFAC Galleries exhibitions and public programs for website, press purposes and digital archive
- Assist the Galleries in an Agency-wide data migration to a new Salesforce platform.
- Work closely with various members of the staff to develop a communications strategy for the 2020 50th anniversary season