Let’s Get Supplierized!
This can be a challenging process, but this guidance will make for an easier experience. In order to receive a grant payment from the San Francisco Arts Commission, you must become a registered, compliant supplier and meet the City and County of San Francisco’s insurance and business tax requirements.
*Please note: You will only be required to register as a City Supplier if your application is approved for funding. Insurance, business tax and equal benefits requirements will be explained and made available upon approval of grant funds. If you are a previous grantee or received payment from another City department, you are already a City supplier and only need to keep your account updated. Please contact Supplier Management if you have difficulties accessing your account.
STEPS TO BECOMING A CITY SUPPLIER
Prior to starting the bidder registration process, please have the following information available:
- Tax Identification Number: Companies should provide their Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN). Individuals may supply their Social Security Number.
- DUNS Number (if applicable): A DUNS Number is only required if you will be working on federally-funded contracts/grants.
- San Francisco Business Registration Certificate (if applicable)
- Completed and Signed W-9 Form (or W-8 if your business is a foreign entity). Blank W-9 forms can be downloaded from www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf.
After completing this registration, you will be emailed a Username and Password that will allow you to log into the SF City Partner website. As a Registered Bidder, you will be able to initiate the process of becoming an Approved Supplier.
Then, to become an Approved Supplier you will need to complete following steps:
- Complete a San Francisco Business Tax Registration
Additional details and downloadable pdf here: https://sfcitypartnersupport.sfgov.org/support/solutions/articles/11000022937-complete-your-business-tax-registration
- Complete a 12B Equal Benefits Declaration
Additional details and downloadable pdf here: https://sfcitypartnersupport.sfgov.org/support/solutions/articles/11000022949-file-a-12b-equal-benefits-ordinance-declaration
this process can take several weeks to be approved. Once you receive a Supplier ID, please email your SFAC contact with the number.
Congratulations you are a City Supplier!
For the best technical support, we recommend connecting with Supplier Management by “Creating a New Ticket” here.
Still have unanswered questions and need additional support? Contact the appropriate SFAC staff person below:
Community Investments - Grants: Ari Vazquez - firstname.lastname@example.org
Civic Design Review: Paris Cotz - email@example.com
Public Art Program: Craig Corpora - firstname.lastname@example.org
SFAC Galleries: Dominic Cheng - email@example.com